Hello & Welcome!
My name is Lisa McCrohan and I’m glad you are here.
I work with soulful women who are ready to rise, thrive, and inspire their world with confidence and passion.
There is a revolution happening – within us and our world. We as women are rising. We as women (mothers, grandmothers, sisters, and aunts) are the ultimate of healers and leaders. Our light, creativity, leadership, and compassion will change the world for future generations.
Maybe you have a passion, but you feel stuck and want clarity and focus. Maybe you are in midlife and you need space to redefine your soul purpose. Maybe you are transitioning into a higher level of leadership and want to feel grounded in your feminine power. Maybe you are looking for a deeper sense of joy, self-trust, and confidence.
To be the change-maker and wise leader you are called to be, it’s time to make YOU a priority.
Whether you want to hone your leadership skills or find your joy, it’s time to give yourself the space to create the life you want to lead.
It’s time to have the right coach by your side to hold space for you to clear out the distractions, get focused, and bring your life into rhythm with what is sacred (most important) to you.
I like to work 1:1 with women in Compassion Coaching because A. then it’s about YOU, and B. we all long for this kind of personalized attention with a wise and intuitive person who sees us and is alongside us.
For over 20 years, I have worked one-on-one and in teaching capacities to guide and inspire women like you to rise and thrive to create the life you want to lead. It is my passion to support women to embody their power, honor their gifts, and share their light (and genius) with the world.
If you are a corporation, university, faith organization, or nonprofit, I work 1:1 with the women on your leadership teams to deepen their leadership skills and develop their strategic vision for their life and work. Contact me to find out more about how we might work together.
If you are an individual woman wanting to rise and thrive, start with my 5-Soulful Questions + 7-day mini-course, She is Ready to Rise.
Are you ready to rise?
Create a clear and focused vision for the life you want to lead with my 5 Soulful Questions + 7-day mini-course, She is Ready to Rise -- all FREE.
I hold Master degrees in Clinical Social Work and Pastoral Ministry from Boston College and have extensive training and certifications in trauma healing, mindfulness, yoga therapy, and meditation. I am a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner providing somatic psychotherapy and Compassion Coaching to individual clients. I facilitate mindfulness-based, compassion-focused workshops and speaking engagements to workplaces, faith settings, women’s empowerment organizations, and educational settings. My writing has been featured on Upworthy, Georgetown University’s GUWellness, Hands Free Mama. Abundant Mama, Motherly, Gottman Institute. and NBC News.
Eight Fun Facts About Me:
1. In my twenties, I worked and lived in Guatemala and El Salvador for over two years at an orphanage and a human rights NGO advising micro business owners. I lived in one of the poorest barrios of San Salvador. The people I met and the experiences I had changed my life.
2. My spirituality informs everything I do. From my decades of meditation and mindfulness training, to my readings of mystics like Hafiz, spirituality is weaved into my everyday life.
3. I love dark chocolate. Seriously dark chocolate.
4. I love to write poetry that nourishes the soul.
5. My mantra that guides me: “Follow what delights your heart and you’ll inspire the world.”
6. Ever since Mrs. Kostenbader’s third grade class where we wrote stories and “published” our books, I have been writing to inspire compassion. I knew that someday I’d publish a book. I did last year with the backing of a phenomenal community in a Kickstarter campaign that blew me away – in three hours it was fully funded! (That’s when this “helper” really learned how to receive!) Here’s my book, Gems of Delight!
7. When my fourth-grade teacher nominated me to be a captain of patrols (remember those?!), she told me that I was born to be a leader who goes for what her heart wants with compassion. Thank you, Mrs. Cotton; this is how I’ve lived my life.
8. I live in Middletown, MD, with my husband whose quiet way is medicine for my soul, my two children who are the delights of my life, and our dog, Sherlock, who pretty much follows me around everywhere I go. Every day, we look out at the mountains outside our back door.
Now I look forward to getting to know you a bit more. I’ll see you in the 7-day mini-course!
MA, LCSW-C, SEP
I believe that delight is our true nature, compassion heals, and being in community with like-hearted people nourishes the soul and our world. I believe that you embody your true power when you listen within. I believe that when you align everyday life with what is sacred to you, you live with an inner freedom that inspires others to do the same. I believe that as we honor what delights our hearts, our light and presence vibrantly shine, and together we create more compassionate homes, communities, and world.
Declaration of Delight
Delight is a radical shift in how we go about our day. It is the sense of ease and full exhale that we long for in a busy culture. Delight is awakened by learning to listen deeply and creating the space for healing. It is embodied by aligning your everyday life with what is most sacred to you. In our work together, you experience how it feels to embody such inner vibrancy so you lead and love with an ease, fierceness, vastness of Heart, and freedom your soul recognizes as Home.
One regret, dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough.
Recent Blog Posts
Inspiration for bringing delight into your life, one gem at a time.
“Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” - Shannon Alder Boundaries are essential to having healthy relationships at home and work. In working with...read more
When we moved to our new home last August, I had a vision for the front of our house. The former owners had done an incredible job of keeping things beautiful and manicured, but I had a different vision. While our yard was lovely, it wasn’t what I wanted and...read more
I can remember the moment, six years ago, when my son started kindergarten. I was like every mom with her first child: I was nervous about how he would be regarded by his teachers and peers. I was nervous if he’d be cared for with kindness. I hoped his teachers...read more