Hello and Welcome!I am ready to guide you to rise and thrive and live a life you love.
My name is Lisa McCrohan and I’m glad you are here! I work with clients who are ready to rise, thrive, and inspire their world with soul-confidence and passion. It’s time for you to live a life you love and I will help you figure out what that means and how to get there.
MA, LCSW-C, SEP
There is a revolution happening – within each of us and within our world. Those of us who want to rise with authenticity and passion, thrive in a life we love, and create a more compassionate world are rising. We are the healers and the leaders. Our light, creativity, leadership, and compassion will change the world for future generations.
My mission is to walk alongside you in your journey. Maybe you feel stuck and want clarity and focus. Maybe you are in midlife and you need space to redefine your soul purpose. Maybe you are transitioning into a higher level of leadership and want to feel secure and grounded. Maybe you are looking for a deeper sense of joy, ease, self-trust, and confidence. Maybe you aren’t even sure what you want but you know something needs to change.
To be the change-maker and wise leader you are called to be, it’s time to make YOU and your mission a priority. It’s time to have the right coach by your side to hold space for you to clear out the distractions, get focused, and bring your life into rhythm with what is most sacred to you. Yes, that’s right – sacred. Because the world needs people leading, living, and parenting who are aligned with their inner truth.
Personal Coaching & Psychotherapy: I love working with people all over the world in Personal Coaching because because we all long for this kind of personalized attention with a wise and intuitive person who is alongside us. And I believe that by holding space for individuals to rise and thrive in their authenticity, we collectively inspire a more compassionate world. For over 20 years, I have worked one-on-one and in teaching capacities to guide and inspire people like you to rise and thrive to create the life they want to lead. It is my passion to support you to embody your power, honor your gifts, find the sacred in your life, and share your light with the world. For those of you needing a different angle, I offer Psychotherapy as well (in-person only). If you don’t know which is right for you, schedule a call and we’ll figure it out!
Professional Coaching: If you are a corporation, university, faith organization, or non-profit, I work with the rising or seasoned leaders on your team to deepen their leadership skills, build their mindfulness practices, and develop their strategic vision for their life and work. My Professional Coaching services are available on an individual or group basis.
I hold Master degrees in Clinical Social Work and Pastoral Ministry from Boston College and have extensive training and certifications in trauma healing, mindfulness, yoga therapy, and meditation. I am a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner providing Psychotherapy and Personal Coaching to individual clients. I facilitate mindfulness-based, compassion-focused workshops and speaking engagements to workplaces, faith settings, women’s empowerment organizations, and educational settings. I wrote a book that’s a perfect “pick up anytime for a dose of inspiration” called Gems of Delight. My writing has also been featured on Upworthy, Georgetown University’s GUWellness, Hands Free Mama. Abundant Mama, Motherly, Gottman Institute. and NBC News.
Eight Fun Facts About Me:
1. In my twenties, I worked and lived in Guatemala and El Salvador for over two years at an orphanage and a human rights NGO advising micro business owners. I lived in one of the poorest barrios of San Salvador. The people I met and the experiences I had changed my life.
2. My spirituality informs everything I do. From my decades of meditation and mindfulness training, to my readings of mystics like Hafiz, spirituality is weaved into my everyday life. My life is about honoring the sacred.
3. I love dark chocolate. Seriously dark chocolate.
4. I love to write poetry that nourishes the soul.
5. My mantra that guides me: “Follow what delights your heart and you’ll inspire the world.”
6. Ever since Mrs. Kostenbader’s third grade class where we wrote stories and “published” our books, I have been writing to inspire compassion. I knew that someday I’d publish a book. I did last year with the backing of a phenomenal community in a Kickstarter campaign that blew me away – in three hours it was fully funded! (That’s when this “helper” really learned how to receive!) Here’s my book, Gems of Delight!
7. When my fourth-grade teacher nominated me to be a captain of patrols (remember those?!), she told me that I was born to be a leader who goes for what her heart wants with compassion. Thank you, Mrs. Cotton; this is how I’ve lived my life.
8. I live in Middletown, MD, with my husband whose quiet way is medicine for my soul, my two children who are the delights of my life, and our dog, Sherlock, who pretty much follows me around everywhere I go. Every day, we look out at the mountains outside our back door.
Now I look forward to getting to know you!
This is my office. Where I write, read and most importantly, meet with clients.
I believe that delight is our true nature, compassion heals, and being in community with like-hearted people nourishes the soul and our world. I believe that you embody your true power when you listen within. I believe that when you align everyday life with what is sacred to you, you live with an inner freedom that inspires others to do the same. I believe that as we honor what delights our hearts, our light and presence vibrantly shine, and together we create more compassionate homes, communities, and world.
This is me, signing copies of my book, Gems of Delight, and talking to guests at a speaking event I did in April 2018 at Sacred Threads in Boston. I am so in my element here!
Declaration of Delight
Delight is a radical shift in how we go about our day. It is the sense of ease and full exhale that we long for in a busy culture. Delight is awakened by learning to listen deeply and creating the space for healing. It is embodied by aligning your everyday life with what is most sacred to you. In our work together, you experience how it feels to embody such inner vibrancy so you lead and love with an ease, fierceness, vastness of Heart, and freedom your soul recognizes as Home.
One regret, dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough.
What Makes Me Unique as a Coach & Therapist
- I have over 10 years of coaching experience. In addition to serving local clients, my remote service allows me to work with clients not only across the US, but with people anywhere in the world! I have enjoyed working with clients who are in Canada, Italy, England, Belgium, Spain, and Australia.
- I have a clinical master’s degree and background. I’m a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW-C) and have practiced as a somatic psychotherapist for 14 years.
- I have an additional master’s in theology with a focus on spirituality of the body.
- I have over 20 years of personal experience and training in meditation, mindfulness, and compassion.
- I am a Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner with extensive training in how to truly build capacity within the nervous system and experience working with clients to properly understand trauma and effectively resolve it and heal.
- I have worked in a variety of settings and with a wide-range of clients – from being the Wellness Counselor for faculty and staff at Georgetown University and facilitating mindfulness-based wellness programs for them, to working in elementary schools…from working with disadvantaged populations with complex trauma, to being in faith-based settings, nonprofits, women’s empowerment organizations, and business.
Recent Blog Posts
Inspiration for bringing delight into your life, one gem at a time.
These public middle school boys are giving a whole new meaning to the phrase “boys will be boys.” It will fill your heart - and our world - with hope. Do you want to know what the new “boys will be boys” is? It’s this. My friend texted yesterday and said that her...read more
Promoting a positive body image in our tweens and teens starts with regard. Awhile back I was talking to a client who has a tween son. She said to me, "Sports have started up and OHHHHH my god, the smell!" She told the story of how he came home from practice and she...read more
Two years after I had graduated from college, I discerned that I was going to work and live in solidarity with the marginalized. I didn’t want to just work at a free clinic and then go home to my nice apartment. I wanted to be alongside the marginalized. I looked into...read more
Can you picture this shift in your life?
What Typically Happens
What I have seen over the years, is that most of my clients become life-long clients. Initially, clients may come with wanting support for a particular situation and I end up accompanying them through the various seasons of their lives. They learn practices to bring into their day, and they have experiences in our sessions of deeply healing, body-centered work that nourishes their nervous systems. Clients begin to sense the shifts happening as their capacity grows to live with aliveness and intention. Each year, I encourage my clients to discern the kind of self-care they need and utilize the package of sessions that can best support their well-being.
Go on and love yourself so completely with so much regard and kindness and see what happens in your home, your relationships, and our world.
– Lisa McCrohan
Questions? Ready to Get Started?
I offer a free 30-minute consultation call so potential clients can ask questions and get a sense of our work together before diving in. It gives me a chance to get to know you and learn how I can best support you, too, which I find leads to a strong first session. It's a great, low-risk way to get started on this important journey!