Hello and Welcome!Welcome! I’m glad you are here. I’m an Integrative Personal + Professional Coach, Somatic Experiencing Psychotherapist, Poet & Author. I help people to “listen within” beneath the noise of daily life and lead a life they deeply love. I will help you figure out what that means to you and how to embody it. I write, coach, consult, and speak to create a more compassionate world - starting with each person I meet (maybe that'll be you!) Schedule a free consultation now
Hello and Welcome
Welcome! I’m glad you are here. I’m an Integrative Personal+Professional Coach, Somatic Experiencing Psychotherapist, Poet & Author. I help people “listen within” beneath the noise of daily life and live a life they deeply love. I will help you figure out what that means to you and how to embody it. I write, coach, consult, and speak to create a more compassionate world – starting with each person I meet (maybe that’ll be you!).
MA, LCSW-C, SEP - she/her
I am about inspiring delight, compassion, and connection in our lives, workplaces, and world. Delight is far from frivolous – discerning what delights your heart is a powerful way to stay aligned with what truly matters to you. And compassion and connection?! They are the foundation to every healthy relationship – including with your own self, your dear ones, and at work.
I offer a unique integrative approach to my work with individuals and organizations. I look at the “whole person,” get to the root of your challenges, and support you in creating and living the life you want to lead – in your business, professional, and personal life. I weave together psychology, nervous system and brain science, meditation, and spiritual practices.
I guide clients and facilitate experiences that are both deeply healing and “real life” practical to elevate your professional and personal life.
Through my offerings, I help you develop the skills to get unstuck; lead with your heart, authenticity and clarity; and deepen your courage to live with more ease and clarity as you offer your gifts to the world.
Even at a young age, I felt an intimate connection between us and the sacred, and between our mind, body, and spirit. I remember being six years old, standing outside waiting to go to school in my school uniform, breathing in the crisp fall air, and I felt my connection to Something Bigger. I was so at peace.
Fast forward to my work in medical free clinics and social justice settings as a young adult. I saw how compartmentalized medicine was and how “treatment” only addressed the symptoms. Awareness of the connection between the mind-body-spirit in medicine or business was definitely not the norm!
I created my own integrative path in psychotherapy, trauma-healing, wellness, leadership, yoga, energy work, mindfulness, meditation, compassion, and of course – poetry. I learned to skillfully listen deeply and take actions that are aligned with my intuition.
My life has been about listening to the Voice within – and honoring what I hear. That Voice has taken me into Latin America, moved me across the country from San Diego to Boston where I met my now-husband, stood me in front of faculty and staff at Georgetown University to teach mind-body leadership well-being, and guided our family to our small town with a home that looks out over the mountains outside our backdoor.
And that brings me to you. It’s my calling to create the sacred space for you to ‘listen within” so you you lead a life you deeply love – with clarity, authenticity, and compassion – as you bring your gifts to positively impact our world.
Workplace Coaching: I offer consultations to organizations for leadership coaching, executive guidance, and professional team development. My focus is on helping your people deepen their authentic leadership presence and building a culture of well-being where your people and business thrive. My approach is grounded in organizational + personal psychology, mindfulness, compassion, and neuroscience.
Integrative Coaching for Individuals: I love working with people all over the world. From entrepreneurs in all stages of their business to people in midlife wanting to thrive, I bring a mind-body-spirit approach to well-being. It is my passion to support you to clear out what holds you back and start leading a life you love.
Somatic Experiencing Psychotherapy: This isn’t your typical “sit on the couch and talk” kind of therapy. Through this potent integrative approach, I support clients in restoring a deep sense of well-being, emotional regulation, resilience, nervous system regulation, and connection.
Podcast: Check out my newest creation and offering: Delightful, for soulful and practical wisdom and guidance. It’s where science and psychology meet spirituality and creativity.
Soulful Writings: Check out my blog and poetry when you need a sacred pause in your day. My first book, Gems of Delight, offers a soulful reflections you can turn to throughout the year for inspiration. My second book, Your Light is Rising, is a collection of sacred poetry and practices that nourish your body and soul – from when you wake up until you end your day.
I hold Master degrees in Clinical Social Work and Pastoral Ministry from Boston College. I have extensive training and certifications in Somatic Experiencing, trauma healing, nervous system regulation and resilience, mindfulness, Eastern medicine, somatic well-being therapies, spiritual discernment, and meditation. My writing has also been featured on Upworthy, Georgetown University’s GUWellness, Hands Free Mama. Abundant Mama, Motherly, Gottman Institute. and NBC News.
Eight Fun Facts About Me:
1. In my twenties, I worked and lived in Guatemala and El Salvador for over two years at an orphanage and a human rights NGO advising micro business owners. I lived in one of the most marginalized communities of San Salvador. The people I met and the experiences I had changed my life. Social justice informs all that I do.
2. My life is about honoring the sacred. From my decades of meditation and mindfulness training, to my readings of mystics like Hafiz, spirituality, compassion, and mindfulness are weaved into my everyday life and how I am present with my clients.
3. I am an early riser and love the early morning quiet time. It’s in the mornings that I most often write my poetry and create offerings for you and the world.
4. I believe love is love, it’s time for marginalized voices to be heard and bodies to be regarded, the Divine is bigger than our labels, and we have work to do to make “compassion” a collective value for our world. I believe how we “do business” has to and is changing – it has to be heart-centered, compassion-focused, value-informed, and radically inclusive.
5. My mantra that guides me: “Follow what delights your heart and you’ll inspire the world.” Delight is a “soft joy” – a sacred hum of aliveness – that arises through sacred pausing, reverently connecting, and compassionate presence.
6. Ever since Mrs. Kostenbader’s third grade class where we wrote stories and “published” our books, I have been writing to inspire compassion. I knew that someday I’d publish a book. In 2017, I published Gems of Delight, with the backing of a phenomenal community in a Kickstarter campaign that blew me away – in three hours it was fully funded! And in 2021, my second book, Your Light is Rising, came out! It’s my delight to write books that offer people sacred space to connect to their hearts, bodies, others, nature, and the Divine.
7. I’m big on adventures and experiences vs. “stuff.” My family and I learned to ski a few years ago and I’m hooked. I love going on local hikes with friends. Nothing beats swimming in the ocean in Kauai. I’m planning our next outdoor adventure right now.
8. I live in Middletown, MD, with my husband whose quiet way is medicine for my soul, my two children who are the delights of my life, and our dog, Sherlock, who pretty much follows me around everywhere I go. Every day, we look out at the mountains outside our back door.
Now I look forward to getting to know you!
This is my office. Where I write, read and most importantly, meet with clients.
I believe that delight is our true nature, compassion heals, and being in community with like-hearted people nourishes the soul and our world. I believe that you embody your true power when you listen within. I believe that when you align everyday life with what is sacred to you, you live with an inner freedom that inspires others to do the same. I believe that as we honor what delights our hearts, our light and presence vibrantly shine, and together we create more compassionate homes, communities, and world.
This is me, signing copies of my book, Gems of Delight, and talking to guests at a speaking event I did in April 2018 at Sacred Threads in Boston. I am so in my element here!
What Makes Me Unique as a Coach & Therapist
- I integrate 20+ years of expertise in the following areas for your "whole person" well-being:
- Somatic Experiencing, neuroscience, and nervous system regulation
- mindfulness, compassion, and meditation
- authentic leadership + entrepreneurism
- healing embodiment practices
- growth + resilience mindset
- spiritual direction
- We can work in coaching from anywhere in the world via Zoom. I have enjoyed working with clients in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- I’m a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW-C) and have practiced as an integrative psychotherapist and coach for 19 years.
- I have an additional master’s in theology with a focus on spirituality of the body.
- I have over 25 years of personal experience and training in meditation, mindfulness, and compassion.
- I have been a successful entrepreneur, running my own small business for 18 years and doing it in a way that is aligned with my values and what matters most to me.
- I am a Somatic Experiencing® Psychotherapist with extensive training in how to work with the nervous system, heal from trauma and toxic stress, build inner resilience, and deepen one's capacity for emotional regulation and well-being.
- I have worked in a variety of settings – from being the Wellness Counselor and facilitating wellness programs for faculty and staff at Georgetown University, to advising seasoned and rising leaders and entrepreneurs.
Recent Blog Posts
Inspiration for bringing delight into your life, one gem at a time.
Earth Day: on the brink of…connection
When we connect more deeply, we love more deeply. And what we love, we protect. - Lisa McCrohan Many of you know that I take a ton of pictures of nature. From the tulips in our front garden to the sunsets behind our house, I love pausing and noticing nature. I...
Awakening to Blossom: A Springtime Guided Meditation
Spring Yesterday, I dug my hands into the earth cleaned out dead leaves and blossoms from around the hydrangea bushes, lambs ear plants, cherry trees, and maple trees. Instantly the smell of dirt filled my senses. I stopped. Ahhhh the smell of spring! As I cleared out...
Rest is the New Superpower
I'm sitting here listening to a client share with me that their teenager is hurting themselves. We are only 31 days into a new year, and already I've heard several stories of teens struggling with anxiety, depression, and self-harm. I'm concerned. And I'm angry....
Get Lisa's Soul care starter kit
Join my newsletter list for articles, inspiration and free resources! Plus get a free download, my Soul Care Starter Kit, a guide to help you reconnect to the beauty and delight in your life.
How to Get Started
I offer a free 30-minute consultation call so potential clients can ask questions and get a sense of our work together before diving in. It gives me a chance to get to know you and learn how I can best support you, too, which I find leads to a strong first session. It's a great, low-risk way to get started.