Hello and Welcome!Welcome! I’m glad you are here. I’m a Poet & Author, Somatic Experiencing® Psychotherapist, and Integrative Wellness Coach. I offer "soul medicine" to people who desire to “listen within” beneath the noise of daily life and lead a life they love. I will help you figure out what that means to you and how to embody it in real life. I write, counsel, and consult to create a more compassionate world – starting with each person I meet (maybe that’ll be you!). Schedule a free consultation now
Hello and Welcome
Welcome! I’m glad you are here. I’m a Poet & Author, Somatic Experiencing® Psychotherapist, and Integrative Coach. I offer “soul medicine” to people who desire to “listen within” beneath the noise of daily life and lead a life they love. I will help you figure out what that means to you and how to embody it in real life. I write, counsel, and consult to create a more compassionate world – starting with each person I meet (maybe that’ll be you!).
MA, LCSW-C, SEP - she/her
In midlife now, I feel the Voice of the Sacred calling me to name and claim this:
I am a modern-day mystical poet with a feminine voice offering “soul medicine” for our individual and collective liberation.
My work as a Poet, Author, Somatic Experiencing Psychotherapist, Integrative Coach, and Compassionate Leader is in devotion to embodying this calling.
I write and share poetry, hold sacred space, and facilitate integrative wellness experiences that gently guide, liberate, and call forth your unique light to shine for you AND our collective awakening.
Through my poetry, books, 1:1 work, courses, meditations, events, and group experiences, I help you to “listen within,” clear out what holds you back from shining your light, lead a life you love, and share your own “soul medicine” with the world.
The most important aspect of my work is to create an inclusive, affirming space where you are welcomed for who you are, how you identify, who you love, and how you express your spirituality.
You belong, you matter, and you are loved. And I am ready to help you reconnect to the beauty, joy, and love inside you and around you.
Even at a young age, I felt an intimate connection between us and the sacred, and between our mind, body, and spirit. I remember being six years old, standing outside waiting to go to school in my school uniform, breathing in the crisp fall air, and I felt my connection to Something Bigger. I was so at peace.
Fast forward to my work in medical free clinics and social justice settings as a young adult. I saw how compartmentalized medicine was and how “treatment” only addressed the symptoms. Awareness of the connection and energy between the mind-body-spirit in medicine or business was definitely not the norm!
I created my own integrative path in psychotherapy, trauma-healing, wellness, leadership, yoga, energy work, mindfulness, meditation, compassion, shamanism, and spirituality/theology. I learned to skillfully listen deeply and explore my own inner landscape through my own trauma work and healing journey.
My life has been about listening to the Voice within – and honoring what I hear in this messy, sacred life. That Voice has taken me into barrios of Latin America, moved me across the country from San Diego to Boston where I met my now-husband, stood me in front of faculty and staff at Georgetown University to teach mind-body healing, and guided our family to our small town with a home that looks out over the mountains outside our backdoor.
And that brings me to you. Through my writings, poetry, presence, and offerings, it’s my deepest calling to create the sacred space for you to ‘listen within” and you lead a life you love – with clarity, authenticity, and compassion.
With the awareness of the inseparable connection between us and the sacred and the intimate connection between the mind-body-spirit, I am present to who you are as we listen for what is ready to heal and how you are ready to rise.
Soulful Writings: Check out my blog and curated collection of poetry when you need a sacred pause in your day. My first book, Gems of Delight, is organized by the four seasons and offers a soulful reflections you can turn to throughout the year for inspiration. My second book, Your Light is Rising, is a collection of sacred poetry and practices organized by five times of day that nourish your body and soul – from when you wake up in the morning until you end your day.
Integrative Coaching: I love working with people all over the world in Personal + Professional Coaching. I bring a mind-body-spirit approach to your personal, spiritual, and professional growth, wellbeing, loving, and leading. It is my passion to support you to clear out what holds you back, start leading a life you love, and share your light with the world.
Somatic Psychotherapy: This isn’t your typical “sit on the couch and talk” kind of therapy. Weaving together science-backed and ancient healing modalities, I support psychotherapy clients in restoring a deep sense of well-being, emotional regulation, resiliency, and connection.
If you don’t know whether psychotherapy or coaching is right for you, schedule a call and we’ll figure it out!
Soul Fuel: This live course is your sanctuary for fueling the foundation of your soul care to nourish your body and soul, spark your joy, kindle your soul courage, and engaging in the rebellious act of true soul alignment for your inner peace and happiness.
Consultations for Organizations: I also offer consultations to workplaces, churches, medical professionals, mental health organizations, and educational institutions to create more compassionate workplaces. Schedule a call to talk about how I can support your community.
I hold Master degrees in Clinical Social Work and Pastoral Ministry from Boston College and have extensive training and certifications in trauma healing, mindfulness, yoga therapy, and meditation. I also have studied energy medicine and shamanism. I am a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner providing Psychotherapy and Integrative Coaching to individual clients. I facilitate mindfulness-based, compassion-focused workshops to organizations and educational settings. I have written two books that are perfect “pick up anytime for a dose of inspiration”: Gems of Delight and Your Light is Rising. My writing has also been featured on Upworthy, Georgetown University’s GUWellness, Hands Free Mama. Abundant Mama, Motherly, Gottman Institute. and NBC News.
These values guide my personal and professional life: delight, compassion, connection, integrity, authenticity, devotion, wisdom, beauty, and love.
Eight Fun Facts About Me:
1. In my twenties, I worked and lived in Guatemala and El Salvador for over two years at an orphanage and a human rights NGO advising micro business owners. I lived in one of the most marginalized barrios of San Salvador. The people I met and the experiences I had changed my life. Social justice informs the approach I take to being an inclusive, supportive, affirming presence for all peoples.
2. My life is about honoring the sacred. From my decades of meditation and mindfulness training, to my readings of mystics like Hafiz, spirituality is weaved into my everyday life and how I am present with my clients.
3. I am an early riser and love/need the early morning quiet time. It’s in the mornings that I most often write my poetry and create offerings for you and the world.
4. I believe love is love, it’s time for marginalized voices to be heard and bodies to be regarded, the Divine is bigger than our labels, and we have work to do to make “compassion” a collective value for our world.
5. My mantra that guides me: “Follow what delights your heart and you’ll inspire the world.” Delight is a “soft joy” that arises through sacred pausing, reverently connecting, and compassionate presence.
6. Ever since Mrs. Kostenbader’s third grade class where we wrote stories and “published” our books, I have been writing to inspire compassion. I knew that someday I’d publish a book. In 2017, I published Gems of Delight, with the backing of a phenomenal community in a Kickstarter campaign that blew me away – in three hours it was fully funded! And in 2021, my second book, Your Light is Rising, came out! It’s my deep delight to write books that offer people sacred space to connect to their hearts, bodies, yearnings, others, nature, and the Divine.
7. I’m big on adventures and experiences vs. “stuff.” My family and I learned to ski two years ago and I’m hooked. I went down my first black diamond in winter 2020! I love going on local hikes with friends. Nothing beats swimming in the ocean in Kauai. I’m planning our next outdoor adventure right now.
8. I live in Middletown, MD, with my husband whose quiet way is medicine for my soul, my two children who are the delights of my life, and our dog, Sherlock, who pretty much follows me around everywhere I go. Every day, we look out at the mountains outside our back door.
Now I look forward to getting to know you!
This is my office. Where I write, read and most importantly, meet with clients.
I believe that delight is our true nature, compassion heals, and being in community with like-hearted people nourishes the soul and our world. I believe that you embody your true power when you listen within. I believe that when you align everyday life with what is sacred to you, you live with an inner freedom that inspires others to do the same. I believe that as we honor what delights our hearts, our light and presence vibrantly shine, and together we create more compassionate homes, communities, and world.
This is me, signing copies of my book, Gems of Delight, and talking to guests at a speaking event I did in April 2018 at Sacred Threads in Boston. I am so in my element here!
What Makes Me Unique as a Coach & Therapist
- I integrate my expertise in the following areas for your "whole person" wellbeing:
- Somatic Experiencing
- mindfulness & compassion
- present parenting
- yoga + energy therapy
- authentic leadership development
- spiritual direction
- We can work in Integrative Coaching from anywhere in the world via Zoom. I have enjoyed working with coaching clients in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- I’m a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW-C) and have practiced as a somatic psychotherapist for over 15 years.
- I have an additional master’s in theology with a focus on spirituality of the body.
- I have over 25 years of personal experience and training in meditation, mindfulness, and compassion.
- I am a Somatic Experiencing® Psychotherapist and SE teacher assistant with extensive training in how to heal from trauma and toxic stress.
- I have worked in a variety of settings – from being the Wellness Counselor and facilitating wellness programs for faculty and staff at Georgetown University, to working in elementary schools…from working with marginalized populations, to being in faith-based settings and for-profit organizations.
What if you were 10% braver?
When clients come to me with a challenge they are facing or a change they want to make, I often ask, "What would it be like to be 10% braver?"
Big changes all at once are daunting; so we either put them off, or dive in and can't sustain. What we need is a micro shift, a step that's achievable.
When we work together, we get a sense of what 10% (or even 2%) means for you. Just having that desire named, you have a vision and you will start to feel grounded and hopeful. Clients often tell me that it is at this point they start to feel a sense of possibility and "soul courage" rising. They feel like they are in the right hands with someone who understands them. You begin to handle tough conversations and decisions with courage, boundaries, and skillfulness – at home and work. You learn and grow, meet your goals, and move right on into the next step.
Go on and love yourself so completely with so much regard and kindness and see what happens in your home, your relationships, and our world.
- Lisa McCrohan
Recent Blog Posts
Inspiration for bringing delight into your life, one gem at a time.
The Hand of the Beloved My Darling, how is it that you search for Me like a poor beggar on hands and knees frantically scrounging the dirt floor for food? My Dear Heart, if you wish, I can continue to beg and scrounge alongside you, and we can keep bruising our hands...
When we moved to the house we currently live in almost four years ago, I said to Brian, “When we walk/drive up to the house, I want to see a SEA of TULIPS!” The front garden was lovely, but it wasn't what I wanted. It was a clear "no." What was a clear YES? Tulips....
Spring Yesterday, I dug my handsinto the earth.Cleaned out dead leavesand blossoms from aroundthe hydrangea bushes,lambs ears plants, cherrytrees, and maple trees. Instantly the smell of dirtfilled my senses. I stopped. Ahhhh the smell of spring! As I cleared out what...
Get Lisa's Soul care starter kit
Join my newsletter list for articles, inspiration and free resources! Plus get a free download, my Soul Care Starter Kit, a guide to help you reconnect to the beauty and joy in your life.
How to Get Started with Personal Coaching or Therapy
I offer a free 30-minute consultation call so potential clients can ask questions and get a sense of our work together before diving in. It gives me a chance to get to know you and learn how I can best support you, too, which I find leads to a strong first session. It's a great, low-risk way to get started.