Hello and Welcome!Welcome! I’m glad you are here. I’m a Somatic Experiencing® Psychotherapist, Integrative Coach, and Spiritual Author & Poet. I work with people who desire to “listen within” beneath the noise of daily life, embody their soul-courage, and lead a life they love. I will help you figure out what that means to you and how to thrive. I write, counsel, and consult to create a more compassionate world – starting with each person I meet (maybe that’ll be you!). Schedule a free consultation now
Hello and Welcome
Welcome! I’m glad you are here. I’m a Somatic Experiencing® Psychotherapist, Integrative Coach, and Spiritual Author/Poet. I work with people who desire to “listen within” beneath the noise of daily life, embody their soul-courage, and lead a life they love. I will help you figure out what that means to you and how to authentically thrive. I write, counsel, and consult to create a more compassionate world – starting with each person I meet (maybe that’ll be you!).
MA, LCSW-C, SEP - she/her
The most important aspect of my work is to create an inclusive, affirming space where you are welcomed for who you are, how you identify, who you love, and how you express your spirituality. I love helping people get clear and be intentional about how they live, work, parent, create, and love. My expertise is in guiding clients to bring a mindful and compassionate presence to both their sufferings and joys to deepen their resilience, embody their divine essence, connect more intimately, and live in alignment with what matters most to them.
Even at a young age, I felt an intimate connection between us and the sacred, and between our mind, body, and spirit. I remember being six years old, standing outside waiting to go to school in my school uniform, breathing in the crisp fall air, and I felt my connection to Something Bigger. I was so at peace.
Fast forward to my work in medical free clinics and social justice settings as a young adult. I saw how compartmentalized medicine was and how “treatment” only addressed the symptoms. Awareness of the connection and energy between the mind-body-spirit in medicine or business was definitely not the norm!
I created my own integrative path in psychotherapy, trauma-healing, leadership, yoga, energy work, mindfulness, meditation, compassion, shamanism, and spirituality/theology. I learned to skillfully listen deeply and explore my own inner landscape.
Since then, my life has been about listening to that small, still Voice within – and honoring what I hear. That Voice has taken me into barrios of Latin America, moved me across the country from San Diego to Boston where I met my now-husband, stood me in front of faculty and staff at Georgetown University to teach mind-body healing, and guided our family to our small town with a home that looks out over the mountains outside our backdoor.
And that brings me to you! Through my writings, poetry, presence, and offerings, it’s my deepest calling to create the sacred space for people to ‘listen within” and live with authenticity and clarity.
With the awareness of the inseparable connection between us and the sacred and the intimate connection between the mind-body-spirit, I am present to who you are as we listen for what is ready to heal and how you are ready to rise.
Soulful Writings: Check out my blog and curated collection of poetry when you need an experience of returning to what matters in the middle of your day. My first book, Gems of Delight, is organized by the four seasons and offers a soulful reflections you can turn to throughout the year for a sacred pause. My second book, Your Light is Rising, is a collection of poetry organized by five times of day with accompanying soul-nourishing embodiment practices that nourish you body and soul when you wake up in the morning until you end your day.
Somatic Psychotherapy: This isn’t your typical “sit on the couch and talk” kind of therapy. Weaving together science-backed and ancient healing modalities, I support psychotherapy clients in restoring a deep sense of well-being, emotional regulation, and connection. You move from feeling “stuck” and “I can’t,” to empowered and revitalized. You feel your capacity deepening to effectively respond to stressful situations and enjoy the pleasant moments of connection and intimacy.
Integrative Coaching: I love working with people all over the world in Personal + Professional Coaching. I bring a mind-body-spirit approach to your personal and professional growth, embodied spiritual life, energetic wellbeing, and compassionate living, leading, and loving. It is my passion to support you to embody your power, honor your gifts, find the sacred in your life, and share your light with the world.
If you don’t know whether psychotherapy or coaching is right for you, schedule a call and we’ll figure it out!
Consultations for Organizations: I also offer consultations to workplaces, churches, medical professionals, mental health clinicians, and educational institutions to create more compassionate workplaces. Schedule a call to talk about how I can support your community.
I hold Master degrees in Clinical Social Work and Pastoral Ministry from Boston College and have extensive training and certifications in trauma healing, mindfulness, yoga therapy, and meditation. I also have studied energy medicine and shamanism. I am a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner providing Psychotherapy and Integrative Coaching to individual clients. I facilitate mindfulness-based, compassion-focused workshops to organizations and educational settings. I wrote a book that’s a perfect “pick up anytime for a dose of inspiration” called Gems of Delight. My writing has also been featured on Upworthy, Georgetown University’s GUWellness, Hands Free Mama. Abundant Mama, Motherly, Gottman Institute. and NBC News.
Eight Fun Facts About Me:
1. In my twenties, I worked and lived in Guatemala and El Salvador for over two years at an orphanage and a human rights NGO advising micro business owners. I lived in one of the most marginalized barrios of San Salvador. The people I met and the experiences I had changed my life. Social justice informs the approach I take to being an inclusive, supportive, affirming presence for all peoples.
2. My life is about honoring the sacred. From my decades of meditation and mindfulness training, to my readings of mystics like Hafiz, spirituality is weaved into my everyday life.
3. I am an early riser and love/need the early morning quiet time.
4. I believe love is love, it’s time for marginalized voices to be heard and bodies to be regarded, the Divine is bigger than our labels, and we have work to do to make “compassion” a collective value for our world.
5. My mantra that guides me: “Follow what delights your heart and you’ll inspire the world.”
6. Ever since Mrs. Kostenbader’s third grade class where we wrote stories and “published” our books, I have been writing to inspire compassion. I knew that someday I’d publish a book. In 2017, I published Gems of Delight, with the backing of a phenomenal community in a Kickstarter campaign that blew me away – in three hours it was fully funded! And in 2021, my second book, Your Light is Rising, comes out!
7. I’m big on adventures and experiences vs. “stuff.” My family and I learned to ski two years ago and I’m hooked. I went down my first black diamond in winter 2020! I love going on local hikes with friends. Nothing beats swimming in the ocean in Kauai. I’m planning our next outdoor adventure right now.
8. I live in Middletown, MD, with my husband whose quiet way is medicine for my soul, my two children who are the delights of my life, and our dog, Sherlock, who pretty much follows me around everywhere I go. Every day, we look out at the mountains outside our back door.
Now I look forward to getting to know you!
This is my office. Where I write, read and most importantly, meet with clients.
I believe that delight is our true nature, compassion heals, and being in community with like-hearted people nourishes the soul and our world. I believe that you embody your true power when you listen within. I believe that when you align everyday life with what is sacred to you, you live with an inner freedom that inspires others to do the same. I believe that as we honor what delights our hearts, our light and presence vibrantly shine, and together we create more compassionate homes, communities, and world.
This is me, signing copies of my book, Gems of Delight, and talking to guests at a speaking event I did in April 2018 at Sacred Threads in Boston. I am so in my element here!
What Makes Me Unique as a Coach & Therapist
- I integrate my expertise in the following areas for your "whole person" wellbeing:
- Somatic Experiencing
- mindfulness & compassion
- present parenting
- yoga + energy therapy
- authentic leadership development
- spiritual direction
- We can work in Integrative Coaching from anywhere in the world via Zoom. I have enjoyed working with coaching clients in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- I’m a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW-C) and have practiced as a somatic psychotherapist for over 15 years.
- I have an additional master’s in theology with a focus on spirituality of the body.
- I have over 25 years of personal experience and training in meditation, mindfulness, and compassion.
- I am a Somatic Experiencing® Psychotherapist and SE teacher assistant with extensive training in how to heal from trauma and toxic stress.
- I have worked in a variety of settings – from being the Wellness Counselor and facilitating wellness programs for faculty and staff at Georgetown University, to working in elementary schools…from working with marginalized populations, to being in faith-based settings and for-profit organizations.
What if you were 10% braver?
When clients come to me with a challenge they are facing or a change they want to make, I often ask, "What would it be like to be 10% braver?" Most people have an intuitive response, "I would..........." Bingo! That gets the creative imagination going and energy flowing.
Big changes all at once are daunting; so we either put them off, or dive in and can't sustain. What we need is a micro shift, a step that's achievable.
When you and I work together, we sense of what 10% (or even 2%) means for you. Even with just your desire named, you will start to feel grounded and hopeful. Clients often tell me that it is at this point they start to relax and feel like they are in the right hands with someone who intuitively and skillfully understands them. I love this point in the relationship with my clients! Your skill-set expands, your energy clears and enlivens, and your wisdom deepens. You begin to handle tough conversations and decisions with grit, courage, boundaries, and skillfulness – at home and work. You learn and grow, meet your goals and move right on into the next step.
I hope that you will decide to work with me, to take that step to be 10% braver. I’m here to serve you.
Go on and love yourself so completely with so much regard and kindness and see what happens in your home, your relationships, and our world.
- Lisa McCrohan
Recent Blog Posts
Inspiration for bringing delight into your life, one gem at a time.
The Gospel Within You There is a gospel within you that wants to be preached with words – possibly – but mostly with your body truth spoken through the way your feet stand firmly and confidently on the earth the way you t a k e u p s p a c e the way you are done...
Last night, I was talking to my sister. I was feeling down, but I couldn't put my finger on what it was about. In talking to her, I realized something: I have been playing it safe. Yes, even though, as many of you know, I am writing (now editing) my second book,...
There’s nothing wrong with self-improvement. We want to be more patient with our family. We want to improve our running time. We want to improve our writing, speaking, painting, or cooking skills. But what I notice in me and I hear in the narrative that so many share...
Get Lisa's Newsletter
Articles, inspiration and free resources!
Questions? Ready to Get Started?
I offer a free 30-minute consultation call so potential clients can ask questions and get a sense of our work together before diving in. It gives me a chance to get to know you and learn how I can best support you, too, which I find leads to a strong first session. It's a great, low-risk way to get started.