A New Online Course:
Regarding Our Children
Help your child to be resilient, make good decisions, be truly happy, have healthy relationships, and be emotionally well. Whether you have a young child or a teen, this online experience, Regarding Our Children, will help you learn how you can equip your child to thrive today and be the “leader of her own life” tomorrow. Class is now full and registration for the current session is closed, but you can get on the waitlist now for the next session.
“Valuable, transformative, soul-nourishing…”
“Heaps of solid and knowledgeable advice…”
“You won’t want the course to end!”
From the last session:
What People Are Saying About ROC
Lisa is a gentle, authentic guide that creates rich practical resources to incorporate into daily life, even when daily life already feels full and overwhelming.Erin
The change I see in myself because of ROC….I am bolder in doing what is right and following my intuition.Mary Ann
…easy to listen to and learn from an expert on best practices to handle tough scenarios with our children, and even within ourselves.Alison
Lisa is an amazing teacher and coach who has taught me to regard not only my children and grandchildren but also myself and other adults.Debbie
Lisa poured her whole heart and her expertise into planning and sharing this. She shines as an encourager and validates as an expert. Plus, I love that I can listen to the audio over and over. She was so very organized and delivered what was promised.Jennifer
I give my highest recommendation for ROC to every parent, caregiver, teacher – it would serve anyone working with/raising a child, well! Lisa is phenomenal, she clearly explains every lesson, backing up the best practices with examples, stories and easy ways to help your child right away. This was the best thing I have done for myself and my daughter! Gift this to yourself and your family!Participant
It is a much different approach to parenting courses, a gentle and soft change of perspective that comes more easily than the usual “This Is What You Need To Change” style so typical in our culture today.Heather
It introduces fresh ideas and concepts to dealing with the “rough moments”, with actual examples that you might try.Cathy
Learn to set your child up to thrive
Let’s expand our children’s capacity to successfully navigate stressful times, strengthen their ability to make good decisions, have a growth mindset, build true self-confidence, and support them to thrive at home, school, and in life.
What You Will Take Away
In this course, we will explore how to use connection and compassion to help our children learn how to be the leaders of their own lives – authentically, safely, and courageously. Learn to be a voice of regard for your children so they thrive at home, school, and life! In this course, we will also learn to…
- Build your child’s sense of resilience that will serve her throughout her life.
- Help your child develop a growth mindset when he faces adversity so he can navigate stress, failure, AND success with courage.
- Deepen your connection with your child.
- Support your child in making wise choices – especially as they grow older and are out on their own.
- Support your child in deepening their sense of self-worth and meaning in their lives.
- Teach your child to regard and listen to his/her body to stay safe and make good choices regarding his/her body and other people’s bodies.
- Raise your child’s emotional intelligence so they make good friends, do well on job interviews, and have good boundaries.
- Learn compassionate parenting practices to help you face parenting challenges feeling grounded and clear.
- Gather tools based on the science of children’s brain development, authentic leadership, and mindfulness to support your child in thriving at home, school, and life.
Set them up for success:
Prepare them for tomorrow
As a seasoned psychotherapist working with hundreds of clients, I see what holds people back from being truly happy and living a life they love: the messages they took away from their childhood like, “You’ll never be good enough” or “You’ll never really be loved” or “You aren’t worthy.” This impacts everything – from the way these adults treat themselves, to the way they relate to others.
Our children today face higher levels of depression, anxiety, and stress. They are navigating the world of social media with sexting, cyberbullying, FOMO (fear of missing out), and addiction. They feel the pressure to achieve more, be better, and be more.
Our children are precious and they deserve better. Better attention to their mental health and wellbeing. Better role models on how to be compassionate leaders. And better messages that build them up.
There is so much we can do NOW as their parents to equip our children TODAY with the tools they need in order to be confident, thriving “leaders of their own lives” tomorrow.
– Lisa McCrohan
MA, LCSW-C, SEP
Somatic Experiencing® Psychotherapist.
How This All Works!
Every Monday and Thursday for 30 days, you’ll receive a new audio lesson (one hour) and supporting printable materials to help you bring the lesson into your everyday life. At the end of the 30 days, you’ll have a full workbook.
Throughout the 30 days, our private Facebook group will serve as a communal space where I’ll support you, you’ll connect with our community, and we can discuss the insights, challenges, and triumphs you experience. We are in this together!
Taught by Somatic Experiencing® Psychotherapist, Lisa McCrohan, MA, LCSW-C, SEP, Lisa will bring her clinical expertise, “in the trenches” life as a mom, life-long training in mindfulness, and decades of experience working with parents to help you set your child up to thrive.
I felt that ROC was tailored just for me because it spoke to me on so many levels. The amazing thing is that I got the sense that many other participants were feeling the same thing! The format (podcasts, printables, and Facebook group) was fantastic and I will be listening again and revisiting the handouts because I know I will continue to get more out of everything! ROC met and exceeded all my expectations.Megan
ROC provides a great opportunity for you to go as deep or as surface as you are ready for to make changes in your parenting and family dynamic. Some of the smallest gestures and changes provide for some huge results. Being able to move at your own pace, while still having access to all the information as the program moves forward, allows you to focus on what feels right and fits at that moment.Cara
The course includes:
9 Audio Lessons
Lisa will send these podcast-style lessons out every Monday and Thursday. Listen when and where it’s right for your schedule to take in the wisdom and insights Lisa shares – before the kiddos wake up, on a walk, in the car, or at the end of the day.
Mom and dad – don’t go at this alone. We are in this together. That’s why Lisa created this private group where you can share, be inspired, and find support. When you register, you will receive details about how to join our private Facebook group.
Along with each audio podcast lesson, you’ll receive printable worksheets that will help you put into practice what you are learning. By the end of the course, these printables will be your full workbook that you can refer back to for wisdom, insights, and support!
The Lesson Plan:
- The Messages That Matter. I’ll teach you tools that I’ve shared with hundreds of parents in my clinical private practice that you can use to build your child up so he is better prepared to deal with challenges.
- Look with Love. How you see your child impacts how she sees herself. I’ll share practices based on my expertise in child development and healthy attachment that you can use to boost your child’s sense of self-worth and give her what she needs to thrive.
- Build a Growth Mindset. Based on the science of neuroplasticity, help your child develop the kind of mindset necessary to build resilience, grit, and courage that are essential for succeeding in life, relationships, work, and leadership.
- Rising from Fumbles and Failures. Learn key practices that will turn “I can’t” into “I can.” Help your child turn setbacks into comebacks.
- Raise Their Emotional IQ. It takes more than smarts to be successful. Learn the key emotional and social tools necessary for making friends, being a friend, talking to their teachers and professors, and relating with cohorts in school, college, and work.
- Teach Them to Regard Their Bodies. Learn age-appropriate approaches to talking with your kids about being safe, making wise decisions, and treating their bodies with regard.
- Promote Positive Self-talk. What our children say to themselves matters. Here’s a radical method for our children to relate to all the parts within a person for positive mental health.
- Let Their Light Shine. Help your child identify her unique strengths and show her what those gifts can mean for her future.
- Set Them up to Thrive as Leaders. Learn how to empower your child to be a powerful, confident, resilient “leader of her own life” who impacts the world with her presence.
Let’s do this together!
When it comes down to it, we all want our children to be safe, happy, and resilient — now and in the future. We want to know the right things to do to set them up to thrive. I’ll bring my clinical expertise, mindful presence, and authentic positivity to guide you so your child and all our children grow into be men and women who have integrity, resilience, and an inner self-confidence that enables them to thrive and impact our world for the better. Registration for the current session is closed. Get on the waitlist for next time!